Let the fun and games begin at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa! The casino will reopen at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 21, 2020 under a new and stringent “Safe and Sound” program. The guidelines include multiple new initiatives designed to keep guests and team members safe.
“Hard Rock and Seminole Gaming have made a tremendous commitment to sanitary protocols and a safety-first mentality for both guests and team members,” said Jim Allen, CEO of Seminole Gaming and Chairman of Hard Rock International. “We are making sure our resorts are safe and sound so our guests and team members have peace of mind when they return.”
Safe and Sound Program guidelines include:
- Temperature checks for all guests and team members prior to entry. Any guest or team member with a temperature above CDC guidelines will not be allowed entry
- A requirement that all guests wear masks or cloth face coverings that meet CDC guidelines, without exception. Masks will be provided to guests, as needed.
- Thousands of alternating slot machines will be turned off, to help ensure social distancing on the casino floor.
- New Plexiglas barriers will divide players at table games, poker games and customer service areas.
- 850 signs will be posted throughout the complex to encourage social distancing and help ensure adherence to Safe and Sound Program guidelines.
- More than 100 team members will be part of a new “Safe and Sound Clean Team” to focus on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces throughout the complex, with special emphasis on high-touch surfaces and common areas.
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be available on the casino floor, at the entrances and throughout the resort.
- Constant purification and disinfecting of the air flowing into the complex through the AtmosAir™ bipolar ionization system designed to destroy virus particles in the air and on surfaces.
- An overall 50 percent reduction in guest capacity throughout the resort.Restaurant venues including Hard Rock Cafe and Rise Kitchen & Deli will be open with social distancing requirements in place. At opening, 200 of the 800 Seminole Hard Rock guestrooms will be available. The Seminole Hard Rock Event Center will remain closed until further notice. No events will take place at the pool complex until further notice.
Seminole Hard Rock Tampa is the first of six Seminole Gaming casinos to reopen in Florida. Opening dates for Seminole Gaming’s other Florida casinos have not been confirmed.
For information on the Reopening of Seminole Hard Rock Tampa, visit www.seminolehardrocktampa.com.